Start your booking
CITB Site Supervision (SSSTS) 1 Day Refresher Course
Who should attend?
Site supervisors or those with supervisory responsibilities who currently hold an existing 2 day SSSTS within the scope of renewal requirements would benefit from the SSSTS Refresher course.
The SSSTS Refresher course lasts 1 day.
Aims and Objectives
The SSSTS Refresher course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
On successful completion of the SSSTS Refresher course, delegates will:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the SSSTS Refresher course as well as being expected to be interactive during the course.
Delegates MUST bring some form of photographic ID along on the day of the course. Where identification is not provided, attendance will be refused.
This course is an ideal foundation for obtaining a basic understanding of health and safety duties and responsibilities for junior management and upon successful completion of this course, a natural progression would be the Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course.
Existing site managers, agents, surveyors and persons holding positions of managerial control should attend the Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course.