Start your booking
CITB Site Management (SMSTS) 2 Day Refresher Course
Who should attend?
Project managers, site managers and supervisors who have previously passed the full SMSTS course or subsequent SMSTS refresher course and can provide proof of attendance.
The SMSTS Refresher course lasts 2 days.
Aims and objectives
The SMSTS Refresher course aims to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- Improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices.
On successful completion of the SMSTS Refresher course, delegates will be:
- Aware of and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- Aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry of best practice
- More aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
The preferred method of delivering the SMSTS Refresher course is on two consecutive days. CSkills Awards recognises that training providers may have to deliver this course as two separate non-consecutive days on occasion to meet client needs; however, every effort should be made to run the course by the preferred method. It is important that continuity of training is maintained on this short intensive course.
Delegates MUST bring some form of photographic ID along on the day of the course. Where identification is not provided, attendance will be refused.
Delegates are required to attend both sessions, since without full attendance and achievement in the examination the renewal of the Construction Site Manager’s Safety (SMSTS) Certificate cannot be made.
Delegates must attend the days in order and, where not on consecutive days, must complete the course within two weeks. Delegates unable to attend both days due to extenuating circumstances (e.g. certificated sickness) will need to enrol onto a new SMSTS Refresher course in order to maintain continuity of learning outcomes and attend both days again.
Only those delegates who hold an existing SMSTS or subsequent SMSTS Refresher course and provided evidence to the training provider before attending the course are eligible to attend the SMSTS Refresher course. Failure to attend the SMSTS Refresher course prior to the expiry of an existing certificate will require delegates to re-enter the scheme by completing the full SMSTS course if they wish to remain in the scheme.